Making the most of our financial assets is a challenge.
We want to enjoy all that life brings us and our families. We also need to guard against financial and health care emergencies. Since we don’t know what the future holds, most of us have a “Financial Safety Net.” Traditionally, a “Safety Net” of extra money has been the only effective way to provide the security you need to guard against emergencies.
AnnuiCare® is a tax-deferred annuity that also provides long-term care benefits in case an emergency occurs. AnnuiCare® offers a unique approach to long-term care insurance. Generally, AnnuiCare® is attractive to individuals financially able to handle at least two years of long-term care expenses on their own, but who may wish to protect their assets against a greater liability.
AnnuiCare® lets you regain control of a large portion of your assets without reducing your security. It’s as if you received an unexpected cash windfall.
For example, if you have an emergency fund set aside, moving a portion of it into AnnuiCare® can provide you up to three times that amount for long-term care. This allows you to free up the remainder to reward yourself today. You still maintain control of your funds, but now you have much more financial flexibility.
AnnuiCare® 5, 7, and 10
These are Flexible Premium Annuities featuring a non-guaranteed interest rate.
How AnnuiCare® Works
AnnuiCare® is a tax-deferred annuity with tax qualified long-term care insurance benefits. AnnuiCare® allows the policyowner to have triple the annuity value for Qualified Long-Term Care expenses. “Qualified Long-Term Care Expenses” refer to specific expenses, defined by law, which are explained in the Outline of Coverage given to each applicant.
- The policyowner establishes the initial long-term care insurance benefits by depositing or transferring assets into a deferred annuity contract.
- The long-term care insurance benefits are determined by the value of the annuity.
- Premiums for long-term care coverage are paid by automatic monthly withdrawals from the annuity.
- Caution: Penalties apply if the policyowner is less than 59-1/2 years old. Due to these penalties, we will not accept qualified funds for policyowners under the age of 59-1/2.
- AnnuiCare® is available with a choice of 6 annuities in most states. AnnuiCare® 4, 6, and 8 feature a 4, 6, or 8-year guaranteed interest rate, respectively. AnnuiCare® 5, AnnuiCare® 7, and AnnuiCare® 10 are Flexible Premium Annuities featuring a non-guaranteed interest rate.
The Long-Term Care Riders
The Long-term Care Benefits Riders each match the Accumulation Value of the annuity when benefits begin so that the client may triple the funds available for Qualified Long-term Care expenses.
These riders pay for Benefits to cover Qualified Long-Term Care Services for the following:
- Home Health Care
- Care Planning
- Caregiver Training
- Homemaker Services
- Hospice Services
- Maintenance or Personal Care Services
- Respite Care
- Assisted Living Facility Care
- Alternative Care Services
- Nursing Home Care
- Adult Day Care (50% of Daily Maximum)
By paying the first two years’ benefits from the Accumulation Value of the annuity, AnnuiCare® assures benefits after a 90-day deductible period while allowing the policyowner the cost savings of a plan with a much longer waiting period. AnnuiCare® also makes the services of Care Advisors available so that a knowledgeable advocate can assist the policyowner in obtaining the most appropriate and best care with the available financial resources.
Safety – Your AnnuiCare® value is free from market risks.
Liquidity – Funds can be accessed easily and quickly with no or low withdrawal penalties.
Tax Advantaged Growth – Interest grows on a tax-deferred basis, which allows your funds to grow faster than those that are taxed annually.
Death Benefit – Benefit(s) is paid directly to your named beneficiaries, by-passing probate.
Long-term Care Benefits – These benefits cover home health care, nursing home care, and adult day care. Benefits increase as your annuity value increases.